Diversity in Technology
Last week, Simon Costa - our Client Services Manager at Progressive Recruitment (part of the larger SThree Group), recorded the second podcast in the SThree Australia series. For this episode, Karen Katz - Board member from volunteer organisation Girls in Tech, joined us to provide her insights on diversity in the workplace, more specifically within the technology space.
In this podcast, Simon and Karen cover the following matters and use their own experiences as examples to illustrate the following points:
- What is diversity in a work environment?
- Why is diversity important for business?
- What are the key pillars in the discussion about diversity (for example gender, identity and sexuality and indigenous employees)
- Are there common themes or issues that businesses and individuals are recognising today?
- What can help to promote the recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce?
- What are the main issues businesses and individuals are facing in the workplace?
- What are the best strategies that will help promote a diverse workplace? How can they work?
Full version of this podcast is available below:
If you would like to delve deeper into diversity within the workplace and discuss how to build yourself a strong, effective and diverse team, please do not hesitate to contact Simon Costa on 04 2413 5452 or [email protected] You may also follow our Linkedin page for other industry-related insights.