Assistant Accounting Manager
Our client is a multinational IT firm with operations across the globe. Their Japan business holds a large market share and the business is run out of a beautiful office in central Tokyo.
As the leader of the GL department you will cover all aspects of monthly closing and reporting. You will also take responsibility for the management and development of the AP & AR accountants within the finance team. Your day to day duties will include:
- Maintain the books and records for General Ledger and perform key accounting functions including monthly and quarterly closes and B/S reconciliations.
- Lead/support the A/R team by taking over some customer accounts.
- Fixed Assets book keeping.
- Check the vouchers submitted from A/R and A/P teams.
- Take part in the internal projects.
- Prepare the supporting documents for audit, (semi-annually and annually).
- Prepare the supporting documents for the tax filing (annually).
- Build necessary internal controls and processes for the overall finance function.
Our client is seeking an experienced accounting professional with desire to take their career to the next level.
No prior management experience is required for the role, but solid skills in AP/AR and General Ledger Accounting will be required ro be successful.
The position has interactions with regional and global counterparts, so a business level of English language ability is essential.