Embedded Linux Developer
The job - Embedded Developer
The embedded Linux software developer holds an important role within the project team during the product development cycle of mechatronic / cyber-physical systems for the non-road mobile machinery market. The major tasks are:
- Contribute to the concept definition and overall architecture of the product in the early project stages.
- Contribute to the development of the software architecture, in close coordination with the electronic hardware development team, define detailed software requirements.
- Implement code according to governing quality management rule set
- Assist and participate in structured software testing.
- The embedded Linux software developer takes pride in her/his contribution to the definition and development of the embedded software.
- On project level the Linux software developer reports to the software architect, and collaborates closely with the system level engineer.
- On general level the Linux software architect reports to the R&D manager.
The profile - Embedded Developer
- Master or Master of science in engineering, with relevant experience (3/5+ years) or equivalent
- Fluent command of English as working language
- Mandatory knowledge with demonstrated solid experience:
o Qt and QML
o Linux kernel
o Linux device tree
o C /C++ for embedded software development
- Significant knowledge of and experience with
o Automotive Grade Linux (AGL)
o Continuous integration, Jenkins
o V-model / V-cycle
o Working knowledge of
o Systems engineering approach
o CAN / J1939 (UDS) / ISOBUS
o ARM based processor architectures
- Project driven
o Systematic way of work
o Team player
o Working within multi-disciplinary team
- Team player, skilled and able to communicate with technical specialists in different engineering domains, within a multi-national team, and willing to take the lead
- Good general understanding of complex cyber physical systems architectures and concepts
- Minimum experience of 3 years
- Fluent in Dutch and English