Commodities Technology Business Analyst
We are looking for Commodities Technology Business Analyst to join a multinational bank in Singapore on a 12-month renewable contract. The Financial Markets Commodities Technology team is looking for strong, hands-on candidate to fill the role of Senior Business Analyst. The team develops the solutions for supporting the pricing, trading and risk functions in the Financial Markets Commodities business. The current initiatives involve supporting multiple Commodities desks daily to ensure smooth operation across London, Singapore, Hong Kong, China and the US. Additionally, the ideal candidate would be involved in multiyear projects and programs across the commodities business.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
· Be part of an Agile team and contribute to the smooth running of the commodities business, providing hand on support and working on longer term deliveries
· Understand the user requirements and help write epics and user stories by example for product owner
· Contribute and work closely with developers to design and implementation of application solutions
· Contribute to implementation and enforcement of best practices related to standards and control of software code, testing and release management
· Provide first line support to the business for external trade execution systems, for instance LME SELECT, Web ICE, Prime Trade, TT (Trading Technologies) etc.
· Ability to work on both stop gap solutions while also propose strategic solutions to solve issues faced by stakeholders, ability to understand the "big picture".
· Qualifications & Skills
· Required experience, qualifications, and skills:
· Bachelor's degree in Business Management or Information Technology from a top tier university
· 9 to 12 years of experience in working with robust, distributed, scalable, high quality production applications
· Strong understanding of the Commodities business both Physical and Financial, understanding of the trade lifecycle.
· Past experience working with Precious, Base Metals and /or Energy products
· Experienced in working with Senior stakeholders in Front Office and control functions
· Strong Risk and analytical experience, strong understanding of Option greeks, risk, PnL predict and EoD, PnL explain.
· Understanding of market risk, valuations, pricing and curve marking
· Ability to design and build smart, scalable solutions under aggressive deadlines
· Strong experience with working on exchange and broker offered execution systems
· Team player who is capable of engaging with other teams in Technology
· Experience with Agile way of working
Requirements & Qualifications
· Understanding of basic Infrastructure and networking, including firewalls and file transfer protocols.
· Knowledge of relational databases, SQL, NoSQL structured data solutions, Data Warehousing and ETL tools, Network, and file system protocols will be an added advantage
· Strong communication and client facing skills with the ability to work in a consulting environment and build relationships
· Ability to work in a variety of client settings and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
· Ability to work with multiple teams spread over multiple geographical locations.
Huxley, a trading division of SThree Pte Limited (Registration Number: 200720126E | SThree Pte Limited Licence Number 16S8216 | Huxley Licence Number 53132076J)
Award winner of:
International Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2016
Best Client Services by Asia Recruitment Awards 2017
Best Overseas Operation by Global Recruiters 2017
Highly Commended for Best Large Recruitment Business 2017