Data Privacy Lawyer (HA-33884704)
We are looking for an experienced data privacy lawyer to assist and support Singapore Legal and line manager with review and advise on legal and regulatory requirements in connection with collection, use, disclosure and/or transfer of data by Banking entities in Singapore.
- Assist and work closely with line manager and GB/GF lawyers on data privacy projects and matters.
- Develop good understanding of varied businesses, functions and structure of Banking entities in Singapore, data flows, operations and IT infrastructure arrangements.
- Advise businesses, functions, colleagues within and outside Singapore on Singapore data privacy law requirements in relation Group, Regional and local country projects and initiatives.
- Provide legal advice, guidance and support to the multiple and varied business areas and functions to ensure that the Banking Singapore's exposure to data privacy risk is managed and the execution of Group business and operational strategies and initiatives is facilitated.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- Singapore qualified lawyer with good academic credentials and minimum 8 years PQE.
- Relevant experience and expert knowledge of Singapore data privacy laws including financial regulations on confidentiality (s47 Banking Act, s49 Trust Companies Act) and personal data privacy law (Personal Data Protection Act).
- Good understanding of data privacy risks and compliance.
- High work standards, self starter, with keen attention to details and strong ability to review, analyse and provide clear written advice.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, possess good organisational skills, leadership qualities to drive outcomes and be proactive in dealing with issues and stakeholders.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise and cope with competing demands without compromising quality or standards of practice.
- Lateral thinking/problem solving skills.
- Experience with projects involving automation of data privacy legal rules will be an advantage (not a requirement).
Huxley is a trading division of SThree Pte Limited
(Registration Number: 200720126E | SThree Pte Limited Licence Number 16S8216 | Huxley Licence Number 53132076J)
As per Ministry of Manpower (MoM) requirements, if you're suitable for any roles that we will be putting you forward for, we will need to request for your identification number. Please be assured that this will not be disclosed with our client or any other parties other than MoM.
Award winner of:
Recruitment Agency of the Year by Asia Recruitment Awards 2019 | Best Client Services by Asia Recruitment Awards 2017 | Best Overseas Operation by Global Recruiters 2017 | Highly Commended for Best Large Recruitment Business 2017 | Commended for Best In-House Training by Global Recruiters 2017