Software developer trading technologies Python / C/C++
Software developer trading technologies Python / C/C++ (Singapore & Hong Kong)
For one of our clients in trading & for a large hedge fund we are looking for an exceptionally talented developers to build impactful software applications for trading compliance, compliance, regulatory demands in Python and C/C++. A candidate who is passionate about their work and willing to learn state of the art software that we produce. The successful candidate will have daily interactions with trading technology teams, traders, and compliance officers.
The software developer is responsible for developing technology to synthesize the trading activity for various regulatory and surveillance regimes. This is a big data problem were the team works with terabytes of trading data and petabytes of market data.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Design, develop, and deploy applications to facilitate high-volume business critical decisions in Python, C/C++
* Design and develop software following best practices to allow for reusability, maintainability, and scalability.
* Produce clean, testable code with associated unit tests.
* Communication and collaboration with team members and compliance as well as trading desks.
* Responsible for all phases of the technology life cycle
* 5+ years of hands on development experience with Python and C++ in a server side environment
* Strong understanding of database systems such as MS SQL Server or another enterprise DBMS.
* Expertise in Structured Query Language (SQL)
* Hands on development using messaging paradigms (Tib, Kafka)
* Having worked on a Big Data and Time series database platform (KDB+, Snowflake) a plus
* Good understanding of Equity and Commodity products with associated compliance requirements (e.g. short order marking, position limits, etc.)
* Strong academic background - undergrad / grad in Computer Science or a closely related field from a top tier university. Good GPA is essential
* Analytical, intellectually curious and skilled at problem solving
* Open and flexible to change (programming language, evolving specs, different business areas, etc.) * Enthusiastic attitude and collaborative approach
Background / Experience:
* Technical education should include an undergraduate / graduate degree, preferably in Computer Science or a closely related field.
The company offers:
- A salary matching your experience (no limit!)
- Excellent secondary benefits
- The chance to work for one of the largest hedge funds worldwide
- Many growth opportunities
- A close team
Are you interested? Please apply via this link or send you resume and I will get in touch!
Senior Principal Consultant
Huxley, a trading division of
SThree Pte Ltd
18 Cross Street, China Square Central
#09-02 Singapore 048423
Huxley, a trading division of SThree Pte Limited (Registration Number: 200720126E | SThree Pte Limited Licence Number 16S8216 | Huxley Licence Number 53132076J)
Award winner of:
International Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2016
Best Client Services by Asia Recruitment Awards 2017
Best Overseas Operation by Global Recruiters 2017
Highly Commended for Best Large Recruitment Business 2017