BI/Data Warehouse Engineer
One of Boston's top investment managers in Boston, specializing in developing investment strategies and research protocols, is currently undergoing a digital transformation initiative and are seeking a BI Developer for the Data Engineering and Client Operations team in our downtown Boston location. This individual will be responsible for working closely with our software engineers, development managers, and internal business users to lay out a foundation of business intelligence architecture across existing business systems, and contribute to scaling out internal data warehouses by leveraging modern technologies. This position will report in to the head of data engineering and work closely with multiple business units within the front and middle office.
Quick Snapshot of role
- You will be working with internal business users, designing, architecting, and developing data warehouses and BI solutions using modern Microsoft stack data solutions (SQL Server, MSBI suite, T-SQL)
- You will take part in identifying current technology bottlenecks, and make appropriate strategic decisions for enhancements to the BI workflow and data warehousing initiatives
- Collaborate with multiple lines of businesses to provide a streamlined data processing pipeline
- Explore data engineering initiatives in Python
- Solid grasp of modern database and data warehousing technologies, SQL Server 2012+ preferred
- Data analytics and ETL processing using MSBI tools (SSIS, SSAS, with some SSRS)
- Exposure to relevant tools like PowerBi, proprietary integration solutions, and DBA functions helpful
- Analytical/programming background in Python is helpful
- 4 year undergraduate degree preferred, with a focus in Math, Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar quantitative field
Send along an updated resume for consideration.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.