Data Scientist - Altdata
We are interested in individuals coming from both tech companies and data vendors. We're particularly excited if you've worked with alternative data and large unstructured datasets. This is an exceptional opportunity to solve problems related to alpha generation and trading, and advance data driven products. We are seeking individuals with high-impact, data driven applications in industry and academia.
You will have the opportunity to partner up with quant researchers, technologists, and academics beyond traditional finance to develop creative solutions to the world's most challenging problems across markets and industries. Additionally, you will have the flexibility and opportunity for tremendous career growth.
The ideal candidate / successful individual will have experience with:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in STEM programs (ie. Applied Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Neuroscience, or relevant degree)
- 2-5 years of experience in data science and engineering
- Heavy experience with Python, R, SQL
- Experience creating data engineering features, data pipelining, analytics
- Experience applying statistical methods to proprietary data and deriving actionable insights, communicating analysis to researchers
- STRONG communication skills are a must!
Good to have:
- PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, etc.
- Bonus points for experience working with alternative, non-traditional data sources
- Ability to wear multiple hats, self-starter mentality
- Ability work in a fast paced environment and create projects from scratch
Please attach a copy of your resume if you or someone in your network is a good fit.Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.