A leading technology firm is seeking a DevOps engineer for a 12 month contract. in New York.
This company is building a new team to build, manage and automate our infrastructure and operational processes to scale their business. This team will be responsible for the firm's infrastructure for its media initiatives. You will be working closely with the application development team to automate its technology to run these applications efficiently.
Successful candidates will have a strong DevOps automation background and have worked on greenfield platforms. You will also have experience with public cloud (AWS, Azure, etc.) The job description is below for your review. If you're interested, please reply with your most recent resume. We also offer a bonus for successfully placed referrals, so feel free to suggest anyone in your network.
In order to be successful:
- Identify and automate developer workflows. Build tools and processes to automate operational tasks allowing us to manage more applications with less effort.
- Work with the application teams to help them migrate applications to the public cloud. Build abstractions that allow us to migrate and run these in a multi-cloud environment seamlessly.
- Own core infrastructure such as Kubernetes clusters, HAProxy farms, Redis clusters and more which are used by multiple application teams. Automate day two operations as much as possible to reduce overall operational overhead.
- 3+ years of experience working on highly available, fault-tolerant distributed systems
- 2+ years of experience with infrastructure automation tools such as Terraform, Bosh, Chef, Ansible or Capistrano
- A strong understanding of operating systems and the nuances of Linux
- A strong understanding of networking fundamentals including DNS, load balancing, proxies and firewalls
- Experience managing web applications operating at web scale
- A solid understanding of the modern software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes such as Continuous Integration and Delivery
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
- 2+ years of experience managing web scale infrastructure using modern technologies and DevOps principles
- 2+ years of experience with the public cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Expertise in Kubernetes, both as a client as well as owner of the platform
- Expertise in analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Knowledge of network and application performance analysis using standard UNIX tools
- Experience with maintaining and managing a community around open source software
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.