Equity Quantitative Researcher
Candidates for this role must have very strong quantitative skills including, but not restricted to, programming, modern data science, statistics and empirical finance. The successful candidate will appreciate, understand and practice a systematic, data driven investment process when it comes to research and problem solving.
Required Skills and Characteristics:
- The ideal candidates will have 5+ years of relevant experience in risk and portfolio construction methods applicable to global quantitative equity investing and demonstrate leadership potential to progress to more senior roles in the future as managers and player/coaches.
- This person should have the ability to develop creative investment ideas on their own and explain why those ideas fit into our process.
- The candidate must be an expert at the manipulation of large data sets.
- Strong statistics and other advanced mathematical skills are required.
- Advanced programming skills in languages such as Matlab, Python and R, are required; familiarity with SQL is important.
- Proactive, energetic, strategic and intellectually curious with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple ongoing research projects.
- Ability to operate in a team-oriented, collegial and collaborative environment.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills are important and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide array of investment professionals is critical.
- This role requires the ability to collaborate with all of our investment teams, including Investment Data Solutions and Trading, as well as with Global Client Relations, Technology, and Operations.
- Strong sense of ethics and integrity.
- An undergraduate degree from a well-regarded academic program is required.
- An advanced degree in a quantitative field such as engineering, physics, mathematics, computer science or finance is a plus.
- Previous experience with optimization engines such as CPLEX and MOSEK is a plus.
- Strong equity and asset allocation backgrounds are ideal.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.