Java Developer - Investment Bank (Union Square, NYC)
Leading investment management firm is to help their clients achieve their long-term financial goals.
Engineers play a key role in helping build the future of financial services, working hand-in-hand with business partners to create client experiences that are changing the way people invest.
We want technologists with a fresh perspective who are passionate about solving complex business, data and technical challenges.
- You'll work with smart, talented people across our business to create groundbreaking, next-generation applications for n-tier cloud architectures.
- You'll be involved, hands-on, through the entire development cycle.
- You'll redefine the way our traders, portfolio managers and analysts serve our clients.
- Experience with automated delivery pipelines, agile delivery and test-driven development
- In-depth experience with server-side frameworks such as Spring Boot and Tomcat
- In-depth knowledge of software design patterns
- In-depth RDBMS development experience (e.g. SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Solid understanding of cloud native architectures (AWS, etc.) for containerized micro services
- Experience working in a fast-paced, Agile team environment Strong interpersonal skills; able to establish and maintain a close working relationship with quantitative researchers, traders and senior business leaders
- Shows a commitment to quality by implementing suitable software using unit/integration and acceptance testing at the time of feature development
- Performs as an expert in one or more parts of the software lifecycle (e.g., coding, testing, deployment). Oversees significant pieces of development within the development lifecycle
- Designs and develops practical APIs and abstractions.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.