Lead Data Scientist - Insurance
- Set strategy and assume a leadership role in a domain of expertise
- Develop roadmaps for projects and services, data, and technology
- Oversee operations of algorithm and system deployments
- Partner with executive leadership to ensure alignment of data science initiatives and company strategy
- Lead projects and research initiatives
- Develop algorithms and predictive models, create prototype systems, visualizations, and web applications
- Design and analyze experiments
- Assemble data sets from disparate sources and analyze using appropriate quantitative methodologies, computational frameworks and systems
- Disseminate findings to non-technical audiences through a variety of media, including interactive visualizations, reports and presentations
- Mentor junior team members
- Industry recognized expertise
- 2+ years working with data and relevant computational frameworks and systems
- 2+ years developing of probabilistic models and machine learning algorithms
- Proficient level of understanding in the following areas and an expert in at least one: machine learning, probability and statistics (esp. Bayesian methods), natural language processing, operations research
- Exceptional problem solving skills and willingness to learn new concepts, methods, and technologies
- Expert in data analysis using R or Python (numpy, scipy, matplotlib, scikit-learn, pandas, etc.) programming languages
- Knowledge of NoSQL systems, Hadoop/map-reduce, Spark, Hbase, etc.
- Experience in database design and SQL
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Outstanding communication skills (publication history a plus)
Education - M.S. or Ph.D. in a quantitative discipline (Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Physics, etc.) is required
- Focus on the Customer: We understand our customers well and look for every opportunity to deliver an experience that is clear, easy, personal, human, empowering and trustworthy.
- Act with Integrity: We deliver on our promises by being open, honest and humble and by adhering to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies.
- Value People: We respect and learn from each others diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas. We engage and develop people to their greatest potential.
- Work Collaboratively: We work together to achieve results by actively listening, seeking, understanding and creating solutions as a unified team driving toward one company, one culture, and one brand.
- Achieve Results: We focus on winning by exceeding expectations and getting better everyone, every day.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.