Offensive Security Engineer - Seattle, WA
Offensive Security Engineer / Seattle, WA / $100-130K base
A top security consulting company in Seattle is looking for an Offensive Security Engineer for their team.
You'll work with a global client base to bring application security, penetration test, and purple teaming subject matter expertise in order to aid them in finding vulnerabilities and remediating gaps in security.
- Test and review web, embedded, mobile, and web applications for security vulnerabilities
- Develop threat models through adversary / purple team simulations to secure application design
- Assess risks in devices and applications using manual and automated techniques
- Develop new tools to automate penetration tests
- SAST and DAST / white box and black box testing of applications
- Working experience with penetration testing, application code analysis, or software development
- Knowledge of application security bugs and common attack techniques
- Ability to code in one or more languages
- Proficiency with Windows or Linux infrastructure and common security vulnerabilities
- Desire and ability to work professionally with client's business and technical stakeholders
You'll really knock it out of the park if you have…
- BS in Computer Science or related degree
- Industry certifications like OSCP, OSCE or similar are preferred
- Experience in a Bug Bounty program or Capture the Flag event
- Knowledge of security testing tools like Metasploit, IDAPro, SQLMap, Burp Suite, etc.
- Understanding of application development and design
- Background with embedded, IoT, or firmware technologies
Why join us?
- We're passionate about security and security research, so you'll join a team of highly skilled professionals
- Training budget for certifications, classes, and conferences
- Telecommute options, work-life balance, & unlimited PTO
- Health, dental, and vision insurance and 401K + company match
- Free snacks, drinks and coffee in the office
This is a full-time, direct-hire opportunity with the Security consulting company. You do need to be located in the Seattle, WA area or open to relocate there.
Please apply with an updated resume or reach out to Emily at Huxley Associates.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.