Security Engineering Manager - Downtown Chicago
A great financial institution is looking for an IT Security Engineering Manager in their downtown Chicago office. You'll oversee the effectiveness of the Security Engineering team globally by selecting and implementing security solutions and driving high performance across security within the organization.
This role will also plan, direct, and execute the security roadmap and program. A key responsibility currently will involve helping the Application Security team establish their program. You'll work cross-functionally across IT and interact with business stakeholders within the organization, as well as external vendors and service providers.
You'll be successful in this role if you have a technical background in Security Engineering, a positive leadership style, the ability to work with technical and non-technical stakeholders, all while in a fast-paced and global culture.
- Architect security solutions and tools, and oversee their implementation from start to finish
- Find Security impacts and risks, then translate them into secure solutions
- Provide leadership to the security engineers and potentially application security professionals
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years leading Security Engineering teams
- Advanced knowledge with Microsoft Azure, O365, VMware, Linux, Palo Alto NGFW, F5s
- Knowledge of security tools like Edge Security, Endpoint Security, IDS, Visibility Fabric, Secure Email Gateway, Endpoint Hardening, Bro, ELK, Suricata, Snort, Tufin, and SkyBoxSecurity
- Certifications like GMON, GNFA, CEH, CCNP Security, GCIA, SSCP
This is a full-time, direct-hire, permanent position that requires you to be on-site in Chicago, IL.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.