Senior Data Scientist
The Data Scientist has the opportunity to work on an extremely wide variety of technical areas. We collect a substantial amount of data generated from sensors in motor-vehicles. We normalize data from multiple data sources using time series signal processing techniques, reducing noise, and non-uniform sampling. We produce an estimate of aggregate driving risk using GLMs and ML regressors. Given the risk estimate, we determine how we can most effectively help drivers modify and improve their driving by performing experiments and mining data.
Our Data Scientists are expected to read, write and test high quality Python code that will run in a production environment. Familiarity with standard Python libraries (scipy/numpy/pandas) is essential.
- PhD in a statistical field plus several years of relevant experience
- Experience with AWS/Azure or similar cloud computing environment
- Expertise machine learning, data mining, and (robust) statistics
- Experience in designing data pipelines and products for real world applications
- Experience scalable computing platforms and languages (e.g. Spark)
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.