Senior Database Developer - Dallas Texas or Remote - FTE (HA-33905301)
Leading fin-tech client in cloud technology is hiring for an experience senior database developer ideally with postgreSQL experience to lead their next gen data platform
The software development team ensures client success by building cutting-edge, scalable, enterprise solutions in a fast-paced environment. As a Senior Database Developer, you will work closely with the Development Team, Technical Leads, and Product Managers to build and enhance applications and components in our financial services product suite. You will gain fluency in capital market and learn business side of investment management firms and their unique IT needs.
- Collaborate with designers, architects, client service, and sales teams on software projects
- Design, develop, and test quality database applications and functions in PostgreSQL
- Lead development practices on selected projects
- Review technical designs and application code with other engineers
- Mentor junior staff to help develop their skills and productivity
- Identify opportunities to automate and streamline existing systematic and operational processes
- Improve your knowledge of the financial services industry
- Some travel to local client offices may be required
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or a relevant major
- 8+ years of experience in database development, data processing, and ETL
- Experience developing complex functions and stored procedures in PostgreSQL or similar. Experience with another database and/or willingness to pick up PostgreSQL development skills is necessary.
- Experience developing complex SQL heavy applications using procedural languages such as TSQL or PL\SQL, PostgreSQL, especially in a lead developer capacity
- Advanced SQL skills including knowledge of recursion, windowing, and performance tuning
- Experience with storing and querying JSON in the database
- Experience with Python a plus
- Experience with GIS data is a major plus
EOE Statement: Specialist Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To find out more about Huxley please visit www.huxley.com