Senior Platform Engineer
Senior Platform Engineer
A global investment management firm is seeking a Senior Platform Engineer to sit on their Technology Infrastructure team.
The Platform Engineer will be a member of a global team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency. This position allows plenty of opportunity for innovative thinking and designing solutions that directly address business needs in delivering a mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security. The ideal candidate will have a wide array of technical experience in the Linux ecosystem, with a strong focus on Private/Public Cloud and Infrastructure as Code. This position requires expertise in Linux system administration, storage administration, scripting, cloud, and virtualization, in addition to a solid understanding of network technologies.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver systems, storage, and virtualization solutions based on Linux (CentOS 7.x) driven by requirements and develop standards to ensure consistency across all environments.
- Research and recommend innovative products, services and solutions for both existing and emerging needs, with a heavy emphasis on AWS based technologies
- Manage infrastructure as a service on-premises or in a cloud based environment
- Advanced understanding of Linux systems and issues related to maintaining a Hybrid Cloud environment
- Proactively automate common tasks and functions to improve efficiency and support Infrastructure as a Service.
What You'll Bring
- 7+ years working with Linux (RHE/CentOS 6.x and 7.x preferred) in a large complex or niche environment with the following areas of focus: operations, systems engineering and systems performance.
- One or more AWS Certifications preferred
- Server and Serverless AWS Services preferred (S3, Lambda, CloudFormation, ActiveMQ, RDS etc)
- VMware/vSphere/vCenter configuration, administration and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge with TCP, UDP, NTP, PTP
- Infrastructure as Code solutions, e.g. Terraform, Cloudformation, Troposphere, AWS CDK, etc.
- Experience with Ansible or other Configuration Management solutions is required
- Strong scripting or programming background is required (Python, Bash)
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools preferred (Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity)
- Significant exposure to Infrastructure and Application monitoring tools (Zenoss, Elastic Search, New Relic, DataDog etc)
- Exposure to container and orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos) is preferred
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills to tackle troubleshooting the unknown, glitches and the obscure.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.