Senior Site Reliability Engineer
A global investment firm is looking for a Senior Site Reliability engineer. The firm is driver to success through, its people, process and culture. They are forever striving to be the leading hedge fund in the world and do so by inventing superior approaches to investment technology.
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you will be an engineer/developer responsible for deliverables in a variety of disciplines: configuration management, monitoring, automation, and governance at scale in agile environments. Your role will be to develop reliable, automated services that solve complicated problems affecting our investment pipeline while staying diligent around the security elements of your developed solutions.
The SRE should have a passion for developing reliable, automated services that solve complicated problems. As a developer fluent in an array of languages you should have the good judgement to apply them appropriately to resolve the diverse problems you'll encounter.
- Creating and refining secure, reliable services for our hybrid cloud ecosystem
- Reducing the total cost of ownership of our operating environment
- Reducing the risks associated with our operating environment
- Improving the developer experience within our operating environment
- Moving the Critical Infrastructure from an on-premises environment to the cloud.
- Helping build and shape the monitoring architecture and ecosystems
- Making recommendations on how to improve service and solving problems through code
- Practical experience with AWS (or similar CSPaaS)
- Cloud and infrastructure provisioning, configuration, automation, and validation experience at scale
- Development and Automation skills in a recognized language- Python, Perl, Ruby, Java etc
- Experience with a Hybrid Cloud Ecosystem - AWS, Azure, Chef Terraform, Cloudability etc
- Infrastructure exposure - Networking, Compute, Storage, Security/Governance/Compliance, Configuration/Validation/Automation
- Enterprise Software Development and Release Management experience.
- A passion for debating to find the best solution.
This role is based out of Westport, CT and South Norwalk, CT.
This is a full time role.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.