Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Global Investment Bank located in Manhattan New York is currently expanding their Technology Division, and are seeking SRE / DevOps professionals who will be supporting and further developing their Public and Private Cloud Computing Platform. The successful individual will be working with teams across the United States and their counterparts Internationally. Great opportunity for someone looking to expand their knowledge base and work more closely with Development Teams and Business Leaders.
The profile can fit a variety of different backgrounds. Whether you're coming from a n application development role looking to further develop your SRE/DevOps skills. Or Sre/DevOps individuals, looking to continue utilizing your coding skills in a cloud environment. Or more!
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Further development and enhancement of the Private and Public Cloud Computing Platform
- Liaise with business leaders to identify areas of improvement, and come up with ways to optimize work flows
- Design, develop, and implement advanced, enterprise class architectures in partnership with the development team and improve life cycles.
- Play a key role in build and deployment automation, patch management and packaging
- Developing software systems and managing frameworks and tooling
- Work in a Linux / Unix Environment to automate and script tasks
- 3+ years of Application Programming - Open in terms of language (Python, Java, Erlang, Go, C++, etc)
- 2-3+ years of experience working in a Cloud Environment, ideally in a DevOps or SRE function
- Comfortable working on a Linux or Windows platform
- Familiar with configuration tools - IE: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc
- Excited, motivated, and an independent worker.
- Strong written, interpersonal and verbal communications skills
- Preferred but not required: Knowledge in at least one database product like MSQL, DB2, or PostgreSQl, MongoDB
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.