Sr. Linux Engineer - Hedge Fund - Manhattan - Contract
Huxley Associates is working on a search for a top Hedge Fund based in Midtown Manhattan. We are seeking a Senior Linux Systems Engineer with 5+ years of Linux administration experience.
- Experience with all aspects of Linux OS system administration.
- Proficiency in AWS services like ECS, IAM, ELB/ALB, EC2, RDS, Route53, KMS, MEMCACHE, ELK - Preferably Certification in SYSOPS or Architect.
- Experience with automation and provisioning using Ansible
- Experience designing and implementing an enterprise-wide Linux infrastructure using Cisco UCS and ESXi v5 (moving to v6)
- Experience with Web technologies such as load balancers, http, ssl
- Strong knowledge of vMotion, vSphere, vCenter, HA, DRS, Auto Deploy, etc.
- Experience using container and orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, etc
- Experience building applications and solutions using AWS or other cloud solutions
- Experience with RHEL Linux and VMWare Engineering and Operation, including:
- SAN and disk configuration and troubleshooting
- Network configuration and troubleshooting
- Capacity management and system tuning
- Scripting, automation, and orchestration
- Server Deployments
- Failure, Recovery, and Backup strategies
- Troubleshooting, fault recovery, debugging, root cause analysis
- Ability to write complex scripts in a common language (Perl, Python, Shell, etc)
- Experience with vendor management helpful
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.