Srenior Back End Engineer - REMOTE or NYC (HA-33908671)
What's the Role?
As a full-stack engineer, you'll be working on the Platform Engineering Team, building a modern application platform to host our company's growing suite of micro apps. You'll code in NodeJS, alongside modern tech. Help us build the gateways, identity, and data microservices that hundreds of these apps depend upon. You'll solve complex problems, collaborating with both architects and designers to deliver the platform. As a senior, you'll be helping mentor and guide the development of more junior team members.
What We Can't Live Without:
* You can analyze, design, develop, and deploy web apps and microservices hosted within AWS Cloud Infrastructure.
* Self-motivated and driven. A team player that effectively works well with other engineers, product owners, and non-technical roles.
* 4+ years of engineering experience.
Nice To Haves:
* Comfortable with app servers, such as Nginx or Apache (Open Resty & Lua is a plus).
* Some familiarity with Computer Networks (DNS, routing, firewalls).
* Some familiarity with OSI stack.
* Comfortable with Unit Testing and Integration Testing and Best Practices (such as Jest).
* Experience with Databases and Key/Value stores, such as Redis, MySql, etc.
* Experience in AWS, such as Dynamo, S3, EC2, IAM, etc.
* Strong problem-solving skills.
* Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements
EOE Statement: Specialist Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To find out more about Huxley please visit www.huxley.com