Huxley Associates, a trading division of SThree Limited whose registered office is at Unit 3302-3, Lippo Centre 2, 89 Queensway, Hong Kong, (Company number: 1113048)("Huxley Associates", "we, us, our") is a leader in the recruitment industry. Huxley Associates acts as the data controller of personal information obtained from its clients with a need for recruitment services and of personal information submitted by candidates who are interested in job postings.
Collecting and using your information
Our main aim is to facilitate the recruitment process, and match our clients' requirements to job opportunities or candidates. In order to fulfil our legal and business obligations we procure personal information you make available to us when visiting our Homepage. We use this information to improve our services we offer to you and to analyse and remedy defects. In order to use our services, you will be asked to provide us with your personal data such as your title and name, your email address and telephone number, company details, business telephone numbers. Furthermore you have the opportunity to submit your CV on which you can describe your skills, knowledge and experience.
In the course of recruitment process we may also store further information that may be of importance for a successful placement.
Your information may be accessible by our associated companies, subject to strict security controls. From time to time, for the purposes of providing services to you and safe storage, we will need to send your information out of Hong Kong. If we do so, we shall take reasonable steps to ensure that the receiving party has a similar level of data protection as we adopt in Hong Kong, as described under this Statement.
Your information will not be forwarded to any parties outside our group (with the exception of our candidates, agents who process data on our behalf and successors in title to our business) without your consent.
How we use your data:
To be able to provide our products and services to you, your information will be retained, processed and disclosed by us in the following ways:
- To facilitate the recruitment process, by matching your details to job opportunities.
- To allow details of your skills and experience, to be viewed by our clients whom we feel may be interested in engaging your services. Please be assured that your personal details will only be provided to our clients if you have given permission to us to do so.
- To allow you to subscribe to our "Jobs by Email" service. This service will allow you to receive details of latest jobs via e-mail which are relevant to your sector and professional experience. Where you are sent details of a job via the "Jobs by Email" service, you will be able to unsubscribe from such updates at any time. Please see below "Access to your Personal Information" for further details.
- To keep you informed of job opportunities and contract assignments which we think may be of interest to you via email and telephone.
- To keep you updated about services provided by our third party business partners which are relevant to your sector. You can opt out at any time from such e-mails. Please see section below "Access to your Personal Information"
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us. As a result, your information will be accessible to and processed by our recruitment consultants, responsible management, human resources, accounting, audit, compliance, information technology, legal and other corporate staff, only if they have a legitimate business need to do so;
- To preserve our business relationship with you as a user of our website.
- To keep you informed of the products and services (relevant to your sector and your professional interests) offered by us or our group companies via relevant marketing communications. These could include information about recently registered candidates/consultants, client workshops we are arranging, market updates, new software or training courses that may be of interest to you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Access to your Personal Information
We want you to be in control of what communications you receive from us and how your personal information is used, you can do this in the following ways:
- Unsubscribe from our mailing list, If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from us or our group companies, you can follow the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our marketing email messages to you.
- You wish to inform us of any changes to your information or wish to correct the information we hold about you;
You can contact us at [email protected] in the event that you:
- Have any queries about the information that we hold about you.
- Wish to inform us of any changes in your information or wish to correct the information we hold about you
- Have any requests with regard to our processing of your personal data
- Wish to access information held about you.
- Do not wish us to hold your information, you are entitled to tell us at any time and we will remove all such information as specified by you from our database in accordance with the law.
Sharing your information
We want to provide as full a service as possible and support you in your recruitment needs. We appreciate that candidates with specialist expertise have a strong preference for dealing with equally specialist recruiters. In turn, we are able to offer clients higher quality candidates. Your personal information will be shared within the SThree group which is part of a global multi-brand business model specialising in Accountancy & Finance, Banking, Engineering & Energy, and Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology, as well as ICT. Our brands (Computer Futures, Huxley Associates, Progressive, Real Staffing Group, JP Gray, Orgtel and Enterprise Partners) are run via the following legal entities around the world.
We rely on you to ensure that your information is complete, accurate and current. Please do inform us promptly of any changes to or inaccuracies of your personal information by sending an email to [email protected].
We hold your data with a view to providing future recruitment services to you and to manage the business relationship. In the event that the business relationship ceases we confirm that we will delete personal data in accordance with our internal data retention policies and our legal obligations.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can deactivate this function at any time and set your browser to notify you whenever a cookie is sent. If you want to know how to do this please look at the help menu on your browser. However, switching off cookies may restrict your use of our web site.
We have appropriate technical and organisational security measures in place to ensure the security of your information and to protect it against deliberate or accidental manipulation, destruction, loss or unauthorised access. Despite our efforts regarding security it is important to bear in mind that the internet is not a secure means of communication. Personal information communicated through the internet may be intercepted by other people. We cannot guarantee the security of personal information sent to us through this website. By using this website and entering your personal data, you accept that you use this website at your own risk.
Changes to this policy
Any changes we make to our Personal Information Collection Statement in future will be posted on this page. We encourage you to check the date of this policy whenever you visit our website for any updates or changes.
This policy was last updated in 8 September 2019.