back end developer
Back-end developer engineer (digital bank-insurance) H/F
Are you looking for an international project with a very large scope? A partnership project between a major bank and a major insurance company? A 100% agile project in which business and IT work hand in hand?
The presence in the digital bank-insurance channel is less than 0.1% and my client wants to be the first to exploit digital bank-insurance, exploiting the great potential of the market. My client will shape the market with a customer-centric digital proposal. To make this platform global and scalable, he will set up a centralized delivery platform to unify analyses, proposals and customer experience. The customer experience will be offered on the themes of Life, Travel, Assistance, Automotive, Home and Health, where it will combine the best of banking and insurance.
About the job:
My client believes that the value of the company is delivered by high-level agile engineers working together in high-performance Biz/Dev/Ops/Sec teams.
In the selection of partners, a lot of time and energy was spent on mutual understanding of the architectures, integration schemes and key features planned. As he is now starting the program, my client aims to set up a number of teams that will start with the integration of the insurance partner, as well as the design reflection in order to obtain a first initial proposal. The objective is to learn quickly and overcome obstacles from the beginning of the process, so that we can move to the next step, a central platform, quickly operational in future iterations. In the long term, this should be integrated into ING's front-end channels (web, mobile application).
Your tasks will be as follows:
- Build clean and maintainable code from scratch or customize (configure, implement, integrate) off the shelf software developed by a third party
- Use your knowledge of one or more frameworks (depending on your domain this concerns User Interfaces, Middleware, Databases, etc.) to make your application better
- Have an understanding of Operating Systems (Unix, Windows, etc.) and Middleware software which you configure to deliver agreed features.
- You know where the risks are between your application/DB and OS and middleware
- You understand and apply capacity- and performance management - You understand the principles of Continuous Delivery and use these in your DevOps team
- You test code and applications: unit, system, regression, functional, integration, security, PEN, and chain testing at different (more and more connected) environments
- You keep the IT Service secure at all levels: OS, middleware, application, chain and ING level
- You take the right countermeasures to ensure Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability
Are you still interested in the ad?!
So, you want to know more about the pre-requisite skills:
- Java v.8 to v.11
- Micro-service architecture
- Spring (Core/IoC, WebMVC, Spring Transaction Management)
- JPA (Hibernate)
- JUnit, Mockito or EasyMock
- CI Tools: Jenkins, Sonar
- IDE like Eclipse or IntelliJ
- Version control: at least SVN, preferably Git.
- Basic SQL knowledge: writing queries, (outer) joins, simple database modelling to 3rd NF
- Artifact repositories: Nexus or Artifactory
- JEE Web application servers/containers such as Tomcat (preferably), Websphere, Weblogic or JBoss
- Basic features of linux scripts (bash)
In addition to these essential elements, the candidate must be aware of the following:
- Issue trackers like Jira/Trac
- Collaboration tooling like Confluence
- Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift
- Test automation tools like Selenium Webdriver, Cucumber
- RDBMS: Oracle 11g, stored procedures
- HTML, CSS3
- Some sort of front-end templating: JSP, Velocity, Freemarker
And finally, the following ones, friendly to those who have them:
- Knowledge of the functional programming paradigm, data flow processing and the tools that support it, such as Apache Kafka and Apache Flink.
- Knowledge of polymers/web components
Soft skills :
- The mindset to join agile driven projects in a DevOps squad and energized to prove that agile can also be applied to a complex and regulated environment.
- You have an excellent written and spoken knowledge of English
- Domain knowledge in digital retail banking or insurance is an asset
- Office: in the heart of Paris
- Remuneration: Range according to experience: 57 - 70 K€ + Benefits (+10% annual bonus + 4K€ profit-sharing and incentive + 25 d Cp + 18 days of RTT + mutual insurance + collective bank agreement)
Do you like the challenge offered by this client? Don't wait any longer to answer me!