The role offers the opportunity to play a critical finance support role across all aspects of Financial Control for a corporate banking business.
The role is primarily focused on providing analysis and insight on the key performance metrics and supporting on the delivery of the Strategy & Planning agenda.
This encompasses providing value add services to key stakeholders, ensuring accurate insightful key financial metrics which enables an understanding of emerging performance trends and risks & opportunities.
The candidate must have a strong accounting background with a focus will be on driving change and executing improvements to meet and manage stakeholder needs.
Be able to manage deliverables, strong stakeholder engagement model essential to the role in order to build and manage relationships with key stakeholders
This role involves to have a high level of accountability, ownership and the following tasks to be fulfilled:
- IFRS month end/quarter end/year-end reporting (including balance sheet enrichment, non-credit risk provision analysis, etc)
- Meetings with stakeholders to explain cost / income analysis, balance movements
- IFRS 9+12+13 analysis and reporting
- IFRS Finrep - analysis and submission (quarterly)
- Intercompany reconciliations, eliminations database, Asset at Risk, Key Risk Indicators
- Analysis and reports for internal and external audits, reviews for SOX and other committees
- Retained earnings reconciliation, Cash booking
- Project work (SAP and Regulatory reporting system enhancements)
- Regulatory Reporting to NBB (knowledge of Belgian GAAP is a plus)
- Central Bank statistical reporting
The candidate should be a qualified accountant, min. 5-7 years working in Controlling and Financial Reporting area:
- SAP and Excel knowledge
- English language fluent speaking (French language would be advantageous)
- Flexible usage of various software/system packages
- Good analytical skills, good understanding of the business month end processes
- Able to work in a challenging environment
- Knowledge of accounting policies, controls and procedures
- Experienced in banking industry
- High quality of reports delivered to Senior Management
- Confident in making decisions
- Deadline and solution oriented (risk control focused)
- Trustworthy, reliable, takes ownership with clear responsibilities
- Independent professional working
- Capacity to work under pressure, timely/fast and accurate turn-around
- Ability to enhance processes/procedures