Factory Focus Manager Wigan Up to £45,000 + Package
- Are you a Project Engineer / Project Manager / Operations Engineer / Production Engineer / Process Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer?
- Do you come from a Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering background with production / operations / manufacturing management experience in a manufacturing / production environment?
- Are you looking for a more challenging role that will allow you to effectively run your own business unit as part of a large Multi-National / Multi-£bn turnover company?
If so, then please see below
Huxley Engineering and a Global Multi-National / Multi £bn Manufacturing Company are currently looking to recruit a Factory Focus Manager on a permanent basis for a large manufacturing site in the Wigan area.
Based in the Wigan area, my client are looking for a Factory Focus Manager to analyse the business unit and set out a strategy to:
- Improvement productivity of that business unit
- Reducing waste
- Develop the people / team skills required to run business unit and are looking for a Factory Focus Manager who can lead by example and development a departmental team that is responsible for production and manufacture of products to customer quality, in a manner to develop an environment where people are valued and treated with respect.
The role of the Factory Focus Manager is to plan resources (people, processes, assets) in order to meet agreed production targets and to develop continuous improvement plans, within the area of responsibility and the Factory Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Labour budget of £2.5million
- CapEx budget of £400k
- 2 Direct Reports
This role would suit a Project Engineer / Project Manager / Operations Manager / Production Team Leader / Production Manager / Manufacturing Manager who is looking to make a step up in a more senior / challenging role where they would be responsible for the complete running of a business unit.
- Maintain a quality focused environment in compliance with all regulations and standards.
- Define process control plans/audit systems to meet internal/external customer needs, improve process capability.
- Ensure all process quality issues are investigated and improvement plans in place.
- Participate in budget setting and take responsibility for monitoring and controlling budget for the department.
- Control expenses to ensure budget compliance.
- Contribute to the optimised utilisation of the assets and resources in order to produce at the lowest possible cost and improve customer satisfaction.
- Develop, agree and monitor production KPIs and targets and communicate and ensure understanding throughout department.
- Monitor and reduce waste
- Define the processes and resources required to run the operation at a standard level.
- Scheduling production using production scheduling tool and capable to promise tool.
- Responsibility of project leader for the development, planning, installation, commissioning and training of improvement projects through to completion.
- Develop a continuous improvement culture within the department that utilises formal quality methods and tools to improve production flow, quality and cost effectiveness.
- Identify financial investments through the M&R and ACT budgets.
For this Factory Focus Manager role, my client are for a Project Engineer / Project Manager / Operations Manager / Production Team Leader / Production Manager / Manufacturing Manager with experience in a Production / Manufacturing environment with the following qualifications and experience:
- Holds Engineering degree &/or chartered engineer qualification
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of UK EH&S requirements
- Understanding of entire production / manufacturing process and utilities
- Analytical skills together with a specialised knowledge of process control techniques and systems, such as SPC, lean, problem solving, DMAIC, FMEA, TPM, error proofing, and 5S
- Finance operation statement, budget development and control, investment justification
- Change management ability and leadership
- Small project management
- Team building/Kaizen workshops
For the successful Factory Focus Manager, my client offer a competitive starting salary, Pension, Private Healthcare, 24 days annual leave, flexible working policy and continuous personnel and professional development and this Factory Focus Manager role is commutable from Liverpool, Manchester, Warrington, Bolton, Preston, Wigan & Bury.
To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please visit www.huxleyengineering.com
Huxley Engineering, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales