<About the company>
We have a great client who is looking for a Senior Accountant. If you have experience working in Finance and Accounting in a fast paced, international environment this could be a great fit for you.
As a Senior Accountant you will support the monthly/quarterly/yearly accounting cycles and work closely with other parts of the business.
- Support Japan general accounting primarily for General Ledger and certain aspects of Accounts Payable and T&E transactions
- Maintain fixed assets register
- Assist coordination with the Asia Pacific and intercompany finance teams throughout the close process
- Assist preparation and review of monthly journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations for the responsible accounts
- Assist fluctuation analysis of consolidated financial statements M/M and Q/Q
- Ensure consistent application of procedures and controls within Japan
- Review operating procedures developed by the local service provider and the Shared Services Center and support initiative to streamline Japan processes
- Other responsibilities include but not limited to participate in special projects and system enhancements as assigned.
<Rewards & Benefits>
- Competitive salary package
- One year rolling contract
- Great career opportunity in your experience with MAS reporting
- Business level in English communication skills as well as proficiency in Japanese
- Basic knowledge in JGAAP, USGAAP, and Japanese tax regulation
- Basic understanding of international group structures and inter-company transactions (foreign currency translation, elimination)
- Experience with General Ledger and Financial Reporting
- Experience with Fixed Asset management
- Experience with Accounts Payable and T&E reports processing preferred
- Experience with ERP systems (Oracle) preferred
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, strong analytical and communication skills
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to collaborate with senior management and others in the company
- Able to maintain financial accuracy while meeting closing dates
- Accounting Experience in MNCs environment preferred.