Catastrophe Risk Developer
Are you a skilled risk professional? Do you have experience creating models for catastrophic events? Would you like to develop your skills in an open culture with flat management?
As a risk model developer, you'll be co-creating risk model forecasts and predictive analyses for natural catastrophes in Japan, focusing on typhoons, floods, and storm surges.
An international (re)insurance company with decades of industry excellence
- Maintain and co-develop Japan's typhoon models
- Expand new features of the model like river flood, snow, and storm surge
- Present the latest research on typhoon risk to colleagues and clients
- Support post-event loss and claims estimation
- MSc or PhD in Climatology, Meteorology or Oceanic science degrees
- Bilingual in Japanese in and English
- Proficiency in programming languages like, python, C, C++, R, Perl, etc
- Experience building or using probabilistic catastrophe models
- Knowledge of machine learning, data sciences or deep learning