Tax Strategy Lead
- Report to Head of Global Tax Strategy & Planning (location: UK) and Japan Tax Head (location: Japan)
- Implementation of tax strategies & initiatives (e.g. rate/cash tax objectives)
- Evaluation of tax impacts & implementation of Japanese business development activities
- Lead major initiatives and assist in developing plans to navigate complex Japanese tax aspects of global business operations.
Ex: supply chain planning, negotiating / obtaining tax incentives for new operations / assessing Japanese tax impacts of international operations.
- Support structuring for major transactions such as acquisitions, mergers, partnerships, joint ventures, licensing transactions & post transaction integration, as well as business restructuring efforts lead by the Global Tax Planning Team and advise on Japanese tax aspects.
- Communicate / present tax aspects in a clear and effective manner across all levels of the company and support communication with senior management.
- Monitor Japanese law changes and determine the impact to the organization along with assisting government affairs group with tax lobbying efforts.
- Maintain relationships both within and outside of the tax department in order to ensure awareness across the organization of tax issues impacting the organization.
- Support implementation of international tax matters such as Japanese CFC and Earnings Stripping Rules
- Support Japanese tax compliance and tax audit
<Rewards & Benefits>
- Qualification: Zeirishi (Licensed Tax Attorney) or CPA, with 10+ years of experience in cross-border/domestic
M&A/reorganization transactions and J-CFC in industries
- Language: Japanese & English