Application Security Engineer
- Type Permanent
- Salary $130000 - $160000 per annum + Bonus
- Location Washington
- Sectors Banking and Finance
The Senior Application Security Engineer is responsible for all phases of the application life cycle including evaluating and designing application security. This is a hands on role where you will be responsible for manual and tool assisted static and software security assessment. The Sr. Application Security Engineer will also lead a team of ASE's. This is a full time, permanent role in the DC Metro.
What you get to do:
* Vulnerability Scans, Source Code Analysis, and manual testing to evaluate applications for security effectiveness
* Guide developers on selection and implementation of security controls
* Raise awareness for defensive techniques through trainings you design and deliver
* Serve as the SME on Application Security techniques, methodologies and technologies
What we look for:
* Experience with Software Security including 2+ years in software engineering and development (delivery of secure, Internet-exposed, multi-tier, web-based systems using Java/J2EE and/or C#/ASP/.NET)
* 1+ years of hands on experience securing applications both manually and with automation.
* Knowledge of: Code Security tools Fortify SCA and Checkmarx ; Vulnerability scanners HP WebInspect and/or IBM Rational AppScan; and Assessment Support tools BurpSuite, Metasploit and/or Core Impact
* 3+ years professional work experience and experience leading/mentoring
Please click the link below to send over your resume to apply!
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.