Application Support Analyst
- Type Contract
- Salary competitive
- Location New York
- Sectors Banking and Finance
The right candidate should have 2+ years of experience in providing application support to traders.
* Flexible to cover 7am to 6pm and beyond within an on-call rotation
* Adhere to policies regarding use of Service management (Incident/Request/Change) and project tracking tools, providing regular updates accordingly.
* Manage the Market Data Infrastructures for the North America region serving as an escalated level of support for South American sites
* Interface with Vendors and Internal Teams to ensure the environment conforms to standards and is built upon best industry practices
* Manage Business Continuity requirements dictated by the business by maintaining high reliability, availability and fault tolerance for the environment
* Perform triage on system alerts or incidents received from clients
* Develop a market data cost reporting framework and respond to ad-hoc report requests
* Proactive system performance monitoring including real-time monitoring
* Perform capacity planning and data feeds sizing to ensure the environment is scalable
* Maintain and develop documentation for support procedures, system operations and a knowledge base.
* Provide 2nd level support for front-end Market Data applications like TR EIKON, Bloomberg, etc on the trading floor
* Liaise with application developers and traders to design and deploy standard systems which meet the business goals and objectives
* Degree in Information Systems or related field
* 2+ years of experience with technologies in the financial services industry
* Working knowledge of the financial markets
* Hands-on experience with OS system administration, hardware and software troubleshooting
* Strong knowledge of all networking layers & firewall functionality (i.e. Multicast, sub-netting, routing, NAT)
* Working knowledge of Python, Java, shell scripting or similar programming experience
* Experience with MS Office tools and web presentation software
* Strong verbal, written and organizational skills
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.