Huxley, in partnership with a major bank in Singapore is currently looking for a Business Analyst to be part of their team for a contractual basis.
This individual needs to ensure that agile technology projects are aligned to business needs. Work with subject-matter experts to provide input on business requirements, review technology project plans from the business perspective, and ensure new technology capabilities are embedded in business processes to deliver benefit. Ensure smooth execution on the ground, and communicate the changes delivered to business stakeholders.
- Review and understand key business policies and processes in Wealth Management, with an emphasis on client interactions and front office productivity (e.g., process of initiating and completing the sale of mutual funds). Identify critical pain-points, and articulate how planned / in-flight technology projects will solve them (e.g., change paper forms to electronic workflows).
- Develop and maintain a vision for agile technology projects and be responsible for communicating that vision to the scrum team. Be responsible for agile technology projects and features from concept to final implementation.
- Work with architects, business stakeholders and development teams to ensure that business, quality and functional goals are met with each release. Be responsible for the design, usability, quality and delivery of agile technology projects and features.
- Engage the decision maker on priorities and design decisions, and work to ensure that all stakeholders are aligned at each stage of the agile development lifecycle. As PO you'll need to understand both the engineering and business side of releases and be ultimately responsible for representing the end user's needs.
- Provide business input on requirements to the technology project teams. Work with subject-matter experts in product teams, front office and operations on requirements (e.g., a new electronic workflow to simplify layers of checking, or to auto-populate repeated fields in client forms). Prioritise "must have" items vs. "good to have".
- Review technology plans and design specifications, to ensure business requirements are met and that benefits will be delivered. Identify impact on critical processes within the Bank's operational risk framework, and work with process owners and project teams to ensure robust controls.
- Work with technology project teams to develop test plans. Co-ordinate business users to test new platforms or technology features that are developed. Ensure final delivery meets user needs.
- Work with stakeholders in the front, middle and back offices to ensure successful "go live" of projects, from the business perspective. Develop commercialisation plans and training material, co-ordinate briefings, design and execute communication plans. Gather feedback post-implementation, and track benefits captured.
- Participate in project review meetings and identify/highlight any potential issue that may impact project's cost, timeline and/or scope and work with concerned stakeholders for its early resolution to bring back the project on track
- Conduct periodic briefings to senior management on progress of technology projects, from the business perspective. Highlight issues that require resolution.
- Coordinate with Regional and Country counterparts / stakeholders in delivering the above. Role is global, physical location is with the global Wealth Management team in Singapore. May require occasional travel depending on specific projects.
- 5+ years' experience in an insurance product-related or change/transformation role of a bank's wealth management or private banking unit. Demonstrated knowledge of how wealth management processes and technology systems work.
- Must have previous experience as a business Agile senior Business Analyst and be familiar with Product Owner responaibilties for Digital Insurance technology projects.
- Strong skills in conceptual and quantitative problem-solving, aligning a broad range of stakeholders from multiple functions, and executing against a tightly-defined timeline. Experience in working with technology project teams, from the business perspective, a significant plus.
- Excellent professional skills, including verbal, presentation and written communication skills; ability to simultaneously "see the big picture" and manage the details of implementation; ability to follow through on execution.
- Strong technical analysis background in Insurance systems in order to be able to understand technical recommendations
If you would like to know more information, please contact Danya Kumar
Registration No.: R1660502
Kindly send your updated CV if you are keen to take this role.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Huxley, a trading division of SThree Pte Limited (Registration Number: 200720126E | SThree Pte Limited Licence Number 16S8216 | Huxley Licence Number 53132076J)
Award winner of:
International Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2016
Best Client Services by Asia Recruitment Awards 2017
Best Overseas Operation by Global Recruiters 2017
Highly Commended for Best Large Recruitment Business 2017