Business Change Manager
- Type Contract
- Salary GST / Inc Super
- Location Sydney CBD
- Sectors Banking and Finance
Functionally: Head of Investment Change (APAC), Locally: Country IT Manager, Australia
Business Change Manager, Sydney
The Investment Operations Team is a central team within Investment, reporting to the Investment COO with a global remit. The team provides support to the other Investment Teams in the organisations Asset Management Business and works with teams across the company to implement change. The team aims to enable business growth, support business as usual, make data improvements, manage risk and simplify the business.
This is a senior role responsible for all aspects Investment project delivery of business change and investment support. Additionally, as part of the Global Investment Operations team the role will also leverage the Regional and Group capability for the Australian business and vice versa. Reporting to Head of Investment Change (APAC) and responsible for defining requirements and delivering improvements to Investment's operational platform. The focus of the role will be to work with the Investment Team in the analysis of current business process and workflow in order to identify strengths, weaknesses, potential efficiency's and best practice. The jobholder will be required to design target processes and workflows to support the strategic vision of Investment. The role requires the incumbent to work closely y with senior management, asset class specialists and IT Business Consultancy to design, agree and communicate any proposed changes. They may then work within a wider team to deliver the agreed business change or hand over to a separate delivery team for implementation.
* To provide support to the Aladdin programme, by owning a business analysis stream in region and working closely with the global team to provide global comprehensive solutions to the investment functions within the programme.
* Assist in the definition of new business requirements and the design of new processes. To aide in the delivery of incremental benefit to the Investment Team. To keep up to date with regulations and new instruments, to understand business requirements, facilitate decision making and support prioritisation.
* To maintain relations with the Investment team and act as a conduit relaying their requirements and feeding them in to Investment Operations.
Process and Workflow
* To promote best practice and global consistency.
* To fully capture and define accurate requirements from the business through an understanding of business processes and environment
* The understanding to use the appropriate methods and tools (i.e. Workshops, process flows, Visio) to achieve requirements capture and definition
* To produce a gap analysis of requirements vs current capabilities
* To produce clear, concise and unambiguous requirements
* To highlight priorities and critical requirements
* To highlight impacts to the business and clients
* To identify where simple changes can be made to produce significant improvements
Skills and Experience:
* Ability to define and document business requirements to a high standard
* Experience with the appropriate methods and tools (i.e. workshops, process flows, Visio) to achieve requirements capture and definition
* Ability to document process using formal methodology such as BPML
* Experience working within a front office environment in an asset management firm
* Familiarity with broad range of investment products and instruments
* Experience of working with internal teams and third parties to ensure that requirements are met within agreed timescales
* Experience of full project life cycle including defining user requirements, defining test scenarios and user acceptance testing
* Good understanding of fund management business and processes
* Good inter-personal and organisational skills
* Good technical knowledge and ability to translate between IT and the business
* Ability to negotiate pragmatic solutions that meet conflicting business requirements
* Problem solving ability within a complex investment management environment
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to operate under pressure and deliver to demanding deadlines
If you'd like to find out more please contact Scott Aitken on 0282512100
Sthree Australia is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.