Buyer / Expeditor
6 Month Contract
An Engineering company in Eastbourne are seeking a Buyer / Expeditor. Additional purchasing and expediting resource is required to expedite overdue purchase orders and assist in improving the site delivery performance. Additional support is required in managing a number of re-sourcing projects in order to meet site objectives.
Reporting to the procurement manager, the role will be based at Eastbourne.
- The candidate will be expected to be proactive and communicate with internal customers as well as suppliers.
- The role will include regular monitoring of material demand fluctuation and supplier lead times to minimise impact on the manufacturing cells and customer service levels.
- The role will include daily review of production shortages and overdue purchase orders.
- The MRP Purchase order report will be reviewed daily and orders placed as required.
- Supplier delivery performance will be reviewed each Month and review meetings organised for those suppliers falling below agreed KPI's.
- The candidate will be responsible for a supplier spend of around £1.0 million and be expected to identify year on year cost reduction opportunities.
Minimum of 3 years experience within manufacturing organisation. Minimum 2 years experience working in a purchasing or materials management role. Previous experience using SAP or other ERP / MRP systems
To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please visit www.huxleyengineering.com
Huxley, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales