My key client is seeking a Chief/Lead Engineer who is in its early development stage, as such this is a unique opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing company and be integral to the shaping of a new technology that has potential to push the boundaries of science, improve profitability and safety in industrial settings and reduce emissions throughout a variety of process industries.
The post holder will be responsible for the technology strategy, technical management, design and execution of products, patent portfolio and a major role in technical business development for the company.
Lead planning of core Research, Development and Manufacturing projects and deliver to cost & timescale
- To lead the design, development and build of products. This will require knowledge of product engineering for manufacture of precision mechanical and electronic systems.
- Manage the supply chain delivering products to customers requirements
- Manage the knowledge gained by feedback from the market into improvements in the product driving up reliability
- Participate as a member of the senior management team in further developing governance processes of direction, control and delivery to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately and the organization's resources are used responsibly
- Communicate the company's technology strategy to investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders
Person Specification for the Post
The ideal candidate will have excellent qualifications in related technical disciplines and be able to demonstrate expertise in Mechanical Engineering/ Electronic Engineering/ Analytical instruments product and process technology development. This should be coupled to experience at lead product development manager, or near CTO level, ideally with start-up/SME business experience as some stage in the career.
Mechanical systems, low noise electronics, application software and batch manufacturing is also important.
This position is paying up to £85,000 and comes with an excellent benefits package that includes pension and healthcare.
This role is very urgent so suitable candidates will be interviewed immediately.
Please send your CV to me today to avoid disappointment.
SThree UK and Ireland is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.