We have a unique opportunity for a Chief Principal Engineer to be part of a tight-knit, dynamic and innovative start-up that leverages innovative designs to produce products which have numerous global applications from environmental monitoring to medical diagnosis. They take pride in shaping new technology with potential in improving healthcare outcomes and scientific capability.
As a spin-out from a UK government scientific body, they are a rapidly-growing company based in Oxford designing cutting-edge instrumentation. They have an international customer base and orders to deliver world-class products with laboratory precision, sensitivity and selectivity.
The successful candidate will be an innovation and positive worker who will be a crucial part of the product development team to produce a new range of advanced sensing solutions. You must have drive, be a versatile technical problem solver with the capability to take on project management responsibilities within a team orientated framework.
Duties of the role:
- Responsibility for critical analytical, mechanical, and operational challenges throughout a product life cycle
- Develop structural design of instrumentations using CAD and SolidWorks, including thorough thermal, stress and tolerance analysis
- Write performance requirements for product development and technical documentation
- Responsible for manufacturing engineering activities for assigned projects in development and production of composite structures and systems fabrication and assemblies.
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements for new product design and detailing, using general mechanical, opto-mechanical and electro-mechanical engineering disciplines
- Conduct research that tests or analyses the feasibility, design, operation, or performance of equipment, components, or systems
- Research and analyse customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, or other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, or maintenance requirements of designs or applications
- A Bachelor (or preferred master) in mechanical engineering, mechatronics or related engineering field
- 5+ years product development industry experience. Must be well versed in design, prototyping, and evaluation of engineering principles to a high calibre
- Demonstrated success full lifecycle development of complex products including: Optical systems, analytical instruments, or complex electromechanical/mechatronic equipment
- Strong ability to interpret design needs based on project requirements and schedule, as well as work closely with interdisciplinary teams
This position would provide a salary of up to £75,000 depending on length and relevance of experience.
If you would be interested in this role then please apply or call Varinder on 0117 9388 088
SThree UK and Ireland is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.