As a Cloud Engineer at this leading financial services firm, you'll play a key role in defining the firm's private and public cloud strategy. At the same time, you'll be expected to architect and engineer solutions that enable successful public and private cloud adoption on a global scale. This will also mean build scalable and highly-available automation tooling for the new platforms.
Solution design will be a key aspect of this position, but you will also be extremely hands-on and viewed as a subject matter expert when it comes to cloud infrastructure and automation tooling within the firm.
- Define a clear strategy in support of the on-prem private cloud and off-prem public cloud platforms
- Architect and develop full automation frameworks/APIs as they relate to Platform-as-a-Service and Infrastructure-as-a-service
- Collaborate with global engineering leaders to develop successful solutions that enable smooth cloud adoption
- Maintain awareness of emerging technologies - the firm is always looking to improve, and hopes you will too!
- Strong experience in Cloud Computing, with exposure to AWS
- A cloud-agnostic mentality, with an understanding of where different cloud vendors can support different areas of the business
- Proven experience with cloud infrastructure design (not just deployment or implementation experience)
- Cisco UCS design and deployment experience
- Excellent scripting/programming abilities (preferably with Python or another OOP language)
- Experience working with configuration management/automation tools (Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Saltstack, etc.)
- Great communication skills
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.