Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
- Type Permanent
- Salary competitive
- Location Manhattan, New York
- Sectors Banking IT
As a Virtualization Engineer at a leading financial firm, you'll be responsible for ensuring Public and Private Cloud adoption through solution design and architecture. You'll be viewed as a senior member of the engineering organization and will be expected to develop and execute short-term and long-term strategies for standardizing cloud design patterns across various areas of the business.
When designing solutions, you will, in turn, provide consulting services to various divisions of the engineering department. This will mean understanding the different facets of the development and infrastructure teams to deliver solutions focused on VMware private cloud and Public cloud based environments. This is a chance to make an immediate and long-standing impact that will affect the engineering organization on a large scale.
- Working experience as an Infrastructure Engineer/Architect
- Subject Matter Expertise with the VMware product portfolio and in-depth knowledge of VMware vSphere and NSX technologies
- Strong understanding of cloud platforms (including AWS, Azure and/or IBM)
- Proven experience designing enterprise VMware Cloud environments
- Strong scripting skills (Python, Perl, or other)
- Hands-on experience with infrastructure automation (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, SALT, etc.)
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.