- Provide support and guidance to the business areas on day-to-day regulatory queries in line with internal governance and risk management framework.
- Manages internal procedures to demonstrate compliance with local regulations and internal policy standards.
- Identify regulatory and conduct risk issues, and propose recommendations / solutions.
- Act as regulatory subject matter expert (SME) and/or Project Sponsor to provide advice to the business areas on projects that have a regulatory impact.
- Analyse and provide guidance on all relevant regulatory changes and establish appropriate ongoing risk management oversight and assurance strategies.
- Lead the monitoring activity as outlined in the Risk Assurance Monitoring Plan to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and internal procedures. This will include: design of appropriately detailed and comprehensive questionnaires; analysis and interpretation of evidence, interviews of key staff conducted; production of report outlining the results of the exercise; feedback session to the business and quality assurance of the remedial action undertaken by the business area.
- Work collaboratively with senior managers in Standard Life Asia and other risk managers in the Group to perform risk identification, assessment, controls, reporting and monitoring in all relevant aspects and furnish constructive challenges considering the risk appetite, relevant policies and regulatory requirements.
- Produce various internal reports to Chief Risk Officer as and when required.
- Acting as Deputy MLRO (Money Laundering Reporting Officer), have a good practical understanding of the guidelines on Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing.
- Act as whom failing (i.e. Deputy CRO) in the absence of the Chief Risk Officer.
- Interact and maintain close relationship with regulator on a day-to-day basis.
- Lead the delivery of regular and adhoc training and educate the business in the areas of regulatory and conduct risk
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes and the impact they could have on the Asia business.
- Maintain the necessary team processes and procedures to demonstrate compliance with internal policies.
- Manage the performance of the direct report(s), coach and develop them to ensure the development of talent within Risk Function
- Autonomously manages and plans workload, allocated by manager in line with the annual plan.
- A member of the Extended Leadership Team.
- Ad-hoc assignments given by the Team
Huxley, a trading division of SThree Pte Limited (Registration Number: 200720126E | SThree Pte Limited Licence Number 16S8216 | Huxley Licence Number 53132076J)
Award winner of:
International Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2016
Best Client Services by Asia Recruitment Awards 2017
Best Overseas Operation by Gloabl Recruiters 2017