An industry-leader in the construction and civil engineering sector is currently seeking a Contracts Manager to play an integral role in the delivery of large, multi-million pound power generation schemes. Holding responsibility for multiple sites, you will direct activity in the construction of major infrastructure projects ensuring full compliance onsite at all times.
Scope of work
Overseeing the construction of a major power generation facility in Kent, as Contracts Manager you will have a detailed overview of work completed onsite and ensure that all activity is compliant under health, safety, environmental and quality regulations. Responsible for reviewing the cost and quality of the programme, you will play a focal point in working with the site team and providing advice/instruction where it is sought.
Reporting into the Kent construction site, you will liaise closely with the site Project Manager on the progress of the programme and collaborate to increase the efficiency of construction whilst maintaining the highest quality standards and prioritising health and safety at all times. Furthermore, as Contracts Manager you will also liaise with engineering and commercial teams on pre-construction bids, pricing and methodology to ensure the creation of world-class bid proposals that result in high-quality, profitable packages of work for the organisation.
Managing a team of approximately 150 people across the site, you will utilise your Civil Engineering expertise within big-scale Power Generation/Water projects and a technical knowledge of reinforced concrete to lead the successful delivery of major power generation construction projects on-time and within budget.
The role will also eventually encompass responsibility for other sites across the United Kingdom, therefore it is important that you are comfortable travelling on a national basis from site-to-site.
- Have extensive experience within Heavy Civil Engineering on large-scale projects within the Power Generation or Water sectors. Energy-from-waste expertise would be advantageous.
- Have a technical civil engineering background
- Have a technical understanding of reinforced concrete work
- Be experienced in managing teams, motivating them to achieve desired outputs on-time, within budget and with a health & safety focus at all times.
- Be experienced in managing programme cost, quality and health & safety
- Ideally have a project-management background
- Have commercial awareness within a project management focus.
- Be able to work from their Kent construction site.
Turning over £150m with over 450 staff across the United Kingdom, the business is an industry-leader in construction and civil engineering within the Power Generation and Water sectors. They typically work on major infrastructure projects at values of around £200m.
The company is paying a basic salary of £70,000-£74,000 (however, for professionals working away from home, the organisation is willing to offer a 15% uplift on basic salary and a monthly subsistence). They also offer a highly competitive package which consists of a bonus, car allowance, private family cover healthcare, contributory pension upto 10% matched and 25 days holiday plus 8 stats.
Sthree UK is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.