My client based at Heathrow are looking for a control systems engineer to join their team on a contract basis for 12 months with a high possibility of extension.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Regularly monitoring and accurately reporting the progress of all assigned engineering and design work, including the provision of accurate "Estimates to Complete".
- Regularly taking part in project review meetings with the Project Manager and with the Engineering management team.
- Liaise with the client and suppliers, as agreed with the Project Manager.
- Liaise with the installation and commissioning teams.
- Assisting the Team Leader with the development of staff, including SQEP reviews, performance feedback and contributing to PDPs.
- Participating in audits when required and ensuring any resulting corrective actions are
- Leading the team in a manner that promotes collaborative working, contributions from all members and positive team spirit.
- Identifying change to the Project Manager and agreeing an appropriate way forward with the Project Manager to manage such change.
- Ensuring that risk assessments are carried out in accordance with operational procedures and statutory requirements.
- Ensuring that design record files for the project are properly initiated, maintained and completed in accordance with operational procedures and statutory health and safety requirements.
- The preparation of complete designs for complex low-level control systems, including sketches, reports and other required documentation in accordance with company procedures and project requirements.
- Preparation of functional design specifications for complex low-level control systems.
- The design, development test, and on site commissioning of PLC software control components and implementation builds, in accordance with company procedures and project requirements, using industrial automation solutions. The majority of this work will be carried out using Siemens S7 technology in Simatic Manager and TIA Portal, and utilising the different programming languages within the S7 software.
- The analysis and solution of engineering problems of varying complexity which arise in design, build, test, installation and commissioning.
- The specification, evaluation and selection of control equipment.
- Have a positive approach to working on customer sites and willingness to work outside of normal hours when necessary.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of Airline/Handler baggage operational processes.
- Experience of working with Project teams and an understanding of the project management process
- Experience of producing software for Siemens S7 300/400 PLCs and latest generation processors.
- Experience of producing software for PLC based control systems.
- Experience of commissioning PLC based control systems at customer sites.
- Have worked with ProfiBus and AS-I networks, and associated devices.
- Experience of leading teams of control system engineers.
- Experience of working in an ISO9001 environment.
- Have experience of working with corporate libraries and source code.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, apply with your most recent and up-to-date CV.
*Please be advised for this role you must have a valid UK Visa and have experience within the airport/ aviation industry or broader experience in material handling.
To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please visit www.huxleyengineering.com
Huxley, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales