Senior Java Developer
Are you a Snr Java Developer looking for your next opportunity at a premium finance firm in Chicago?
If you have Core Java experience, and have worked in Capital Markets then this one is for you. My client is looking for someone who is bright, enthusiastic and does not need or want to be micromanaged.
The Lead/Senior Java Developer will help architect and build next generation services for financial markets. This is a fast moving environment that values concise and effective communication. The candidate must also be a team player that can work independently, escalating issues when appropriate. This is a fluid team that works well together and can take constructive criticism in the spirit of improving software quality. This person will be involved in all aspects of software development, from architecture to design, coding, testing, and performance tuning. This is a very hands-on role where you will have immediate impact on current development projects and play a leadership role in taking the architecture to the next level.
- Work with other teams to understand business and technical requirements and come up with meaningful solutions.
- Lead systems analysis, design, development, quality assurance and integration of server applications
- Develop detailed design specifications including interface to backend server and service modules
- Present and evaluate design solutions objectively and facilitate conflict resolution
- Participate in all stages of the software development life cycle
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives
- Remain current with the latest technology and business topics
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment and deliver quality software to production within tight schedules
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing requirements and timelines
- Track record of completing assignments on time with a high degree of quality
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed in performing responsibilities
- 5+ years developing large scale enterprise applications using Java
- 5+ years using modern frameworks such as Spring, JPA/Hibernate, Camel, etc.
- 5+ years using database development concepts (SQL, PL/SQL, views, etc.)
- Experience with Microservice/SOA based architecture
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with load/performance testing
- Experience developing distributed, High-Performance, Resilient Architecture.
- Experience using one or more of the following: JMS, REST, WebSockets, Kafka, Redis
- Experience with NoSQL and big data is a plus
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Management Information Systems
- Must have 8+ years work experience in a Software Development role, 5+ in a Lead/Senior Java role
- 2+ years experience at a financial institution (major bank, hedge fund, prop shop) in their financial markets technology departments is preferred.
- Experience with CDS Market is a plus
This is a genuinely excellent opportunity to work at a top company, in a cutting edge technology environment, where thought leadership is appreciated and you'll be allowed to fully express your creative side.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please forward your resume to c.collis at Huxley.com
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.