An asset management firm is seeking to add a Java developer to its team in Boston. I have just placed a candidate in this team and the client is looking to add one more.
This will be a long term contract opportunity. The rate will be based on experience, market rate, and the budget of the group. The right candidate should have 5+ years of experience as a Java developer. Please do not apply if you do not have strong experience in finance.
This project will deal mostly with core Java, but candidates should also have some experience on the client side. The job description is below for your review.
- Work with business users, including Operations, Portfolio Managers and Traders, and business analysts, and assist in requirements gathering, specifications and test planning
- Develop and enhance proprietary multi-tier Java applications
- Develop and enhance integration technologies for external applications and data sources
- 5+ years software development experience
- 4+ years server Java experience
- 2+ years SQL experience
- 2+ years Web technologies experience
- Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science
- Front-office asset management experience helpful
- Must be extremely detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work and thrive under pressure in a fast paced, mission critical environment
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.