A leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide-range of financial services to a diversified client base is looking for a Core Network Engineer to be part of their Platforms team in Technology. This is a full-time, permanent position located in Jersey City, NJ. Competitive salary, bonus, and benefits dependent on experience level.
The job responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Support the WAN, MAN and carrier infrastructure engineering functions
- Work on several projects at once, from regional ones to global ones
- Provide technical escalation for complex problems
- Working with network carriers to design and deliver connectivity solutions
- Working with product engineering to drive requirements and certify new routing platforms
- Experience with network management platforms
- Hands-on impact with network carriers for circuit delivery, including understanding commercial negotiations
- Strong knowledge of WAN/MAN topologies and protocols, networking technologies such as: Ethernet, TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, PIM, SNMP, MPLS
- Experience dealing with change management in an enterprise environment
- Experience dealing with common network vendor operating systems (Cisco, Juniper, etc)
- Knowledge of global undersea cable systems
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.