A growing financial firm in New York City is looking for an Information Security Incident Response Analyst to join their team. You will be responsible for managing security events through the SIEM including incident response work and forensics. This role requires the ability to be analytical and detail oriented. You will get the chance to work as the SME in the Incident Response space, while also gaining access into other areas of security that interest you.
- Analyze and monitor security events through the Incident Response methodology
- Conduct forensics investigations when necessary
- Oversee threat intelligence such as ensuring the threat library is up to date and analyzing relevant threats from source including the DHS and FS-ISAC
- Conduct tabletop exercises to find potential gaps
- Help evaluate Information Security technologies and create reports to assess performance
- Demonstrate security knowledge by keeping current on threats, trends, tools, etc.
- Attending training to ensure best practices
- Hands on experience in Information Security professional role (ideally 3+ years) with preferably 1+ years hands on security forensics
- Ability to analyze incidents to identify false positives and fulfill incident response process
- Experience with forensics tools such as Encase is a plus
- Highly analytical with proven ability to work in a security environment in Incident Response function
- Experience working with a SIEM
- Bachelor's degree in CS is preferred
If you are interested in joining a growing organization, where you will gain exposure to a vast amount of technologies, please apply to Shelley at Huxley.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.