Data Analyst - Hedge Fund
- Type Permanent
- Salary US$80000 - US$120000 per annum + competitive
- Location Houston, Texas
- Sectors Banking and Finance, IT, Banking IT, Data and Business Intelligence
Location: Houston, Texas
Start Date: ASAP
This is a full-time permanent position
One of the top hedge funds is seeking to add a talented data specialist to join their extremely motivated and innovative Data Engineering team. Your efforts will be critical to the success of the funds global trading businesses.
- Obtain data for thousands of different tradable instruments, including stocks, bonds, futures, contracts, commodities, and more;
- Perform manual steps, develop programs and processes to ensure the completeness and integrity of their many datasets;
- Collaborate with team members to design and develop reliable data pipelines that produce high quality datasets;
- Help drive continuous improvements to data quality procedures and a consistent approach to how data quality is measured, monitored and reported;
- Build systematic and automated processes and tools scalability and rapid development of new datasets;
- Be part of a team to support the data used by production trading algorithms.
- A bachelor's degree with a strong academic record, which includes university coursework in programming and computing systems
- Prior professional experience in an environment that prioritized data quality
- Experience in UNIX/LINUX and Windows environments.
- Solid comprehension of the software development process and exposure to hands-on coding in a professional environment
- Experience with SQL and working with relational database systems
- Proven problem-solving and analytical abilities including pattern detection, root cause analysis, and issue resolution
- Experience with Python (and/or Java)
- An understanding of how to design and develop effective data quality tests and measures
- Relevant experience in data operations, with proven process improvement skills
- Experience documenting business processes and workflows
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.