Data Analyst / Technical Business Analyst
- Type Contract
- Salary Negotiable
- Location Sydney CBD, New South Wales
- Sectors Banking IT
Huxley is a specialist recruitment company within Banking & Financial Services. Our purpose is to help clients achieve their business goals whilst enabling candidates to achieve their career goals through matching the best talent with the best employers in their field. Our clients include some of Australia's best known banks, insurance companies, fund managers, brokerage firms, accountancy and consulting firms, and other financial institutions.
About the role
A leading Financial Services company based in Sydney CBD are currently looking for a Data Analyst / Technical Business Analyst to join them on a a high visibility data transformation project. They are offering an initial 6month contract starting in the next few weeks.
- Analyse the current system data in order to understand and document data measures and definitions from a technical and business perspective so the development team can replicate these on the new system.
- After reverse engineering these rules, ensuring the correct business rules/logic are applied to data in the new system through data validation.
- Work with Senior Business Analysts, Business Analysts and business users to clarify technical requirements.
- Writing and updating technical documentation, including source to target mapping documents.
- Manage relationship with key business users and management
- Conduct workshops and walkthroughs.
- Must have experience reverse engineering business rules
- Minimum 3 years data analysis experience
- Ability to write complex SQL queries for data analysis
- SQL Server
- Proven experience working in Financial Services or in complex data environments.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- (Highly desirable) Exposure to Teradata
What is on offer
In return they are looking to offer an initial 6 month daily rate contract on a high visibility project within their Sydney CBD offices. Given there is a longer pipeline of project work, there is a good chance there will be options to extend on after the initial tenure.
How to apply
If you have the necessary skills and you would be interested in this position as a Daat Analyst / Technical Business Analyst, please apply with an updated copy of your CV, ensuring you include any relevant experience. Alternatively, please contact Georgina Beavis on 0282512105 for a confidential discussion.
Please note, due to the number of applications we receive only candidates with the relevant skills and experience in their CV will be contacted.
Sthree Australia is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.