- Type Permanent
- Salary competitive
- Location Amsterdam, North Holland
- Sectors Data and Business Intelligence
Are you the talented Data Architect we are looking for? When you have at least 10 years' experience in implementing Big Data processing pipelines and when you have extensive experience in contributing to R&D deployments of large backend systems then this might be the right next step in your career.
In this Data Architect role you get many responsibilities and a lot of freedom. You will be involved in designing, implementing and optimising Big Data processing pipelines, be contributing to the data structure and algorithm design and be taking the lead when the situation asks for it.
We're hiring an experienced and talented:
Because this role is at senior level, we're looking for a Data Architect with extensive working experience. You will be supporting client engagement and optimising de Big Data architecture, in addition you will manage the planning and be main responsible for reaching the goals of the team consisting of Big Data engineers. This is a leading role including hands-on responsibilities. The role is available at an IT consultancy with an office in Amsterdam.
Your responsibilities include hands-on tasks as well as leading the team. Specifically your future working days consist of:
- optimising the Big Data architecture and planning
- troubleshooting and providing solutions for (complex) technical errors - in-house and in external environments
- guiding the Big Data team in developing and optimising the online Big Data platform, infrastructure and Big Data workflow
- taking a leading role in decision making concerning architecture and design
- conducting feasibility tests
- developing specifications (functional and design) of new features
In this role regular travel is required - 25% to 50% of your working time.
Do you like the sound of these responsibilities? If so, see if your profile matches the skills and knowledge we are looking for.
For this role it is important you have at least 10 years' experience in a similar role. And:
- extensive experience with coding in Java, with the design and implementation of Big Data processing pipelines and with algorithm design
- extensive experience with contributing to the development and optimisation of large backend systems
- excellent understanding of HBase, Kafka, Scala and Spark
- experience with implementing software engineering best practices such as automated testing, coding standards and reviews and source control management
- understanding of the Linux platform and Spark Ecosystems
- experience with working at a start-up
- excellent communication skills
- proficiency in English (Dutch is a plus)
In addition it is important you are stress-resistant, you have a proactive approach and that you are a real team player.
Rewards & Benefits
- fulltime job
- international work environment
- flexible working arrangements
- the opportunity to optimise your skills and knowledge
- career growth opportunities
- many opportunities to follow training and courses
This job opportunity is available at an internationally successful IT consultancy with an office in Amsterdam. Besides the Netherlands, the company is active in America, Australia, England, Japan and more. The company's goal is to support clients in smarter decision-making by offering them innovative IT tools.
To apply online or to speak to a consultant in the IT team about this Data Architect job or similar roles, contact Rosalie van Lohuizen on 020 522 1322 or at r.vanlohuizen @ huxley.nl.
Sthree Holland is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.