Data Center Engineer
- Type Contract
- Salary competitive
- Location New York City
- Sectors Banking and Finance
A global investment bank is looking for candidates to join its team as in NYC.
This is a six month contract position that may extend or convert full time. Please apply if you are interested in a long-term opportunity. The client is open to contractors working on W2 or C2C. The rate is negotiable (commensurate to market rate, experience, and budget).
The requirements are below for your review.
* Extensive working experience in an Enterprise level datacentre storage and network environments required.
* Working knowledge of hardware installation best practices for maximum availability, stability, and performance.
* Mainframe installation and support experience required. Strong knowledge of enterprise level structured cabling both fibre and copper.
* Experience with submitting electrical and detailed network infrastructure patching requests.
* Experience troubleshooting SAN / IP cabling and network issues.
* Ability to develop detailed documentation of deployment procedures for all installations and upgrades.
* Understanding of EMC and IBM enterprise storage replication technologies.
* Understanding of Microsoft Server technologies and administration concepts. Ability to self-manage projects to completion, while keeping management informed of timelines and deliverables.
* Responsible for maintaining detailed configuration documentation, advanced knowledge of MS Office and Visio.
* Ability to troubleshoot and investigate issues and problems independently.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.