An industry leader in high performance networking is looking for a dedicated Data Center Technician to be part of their IT team. This is a full-time, permanent position located in Montreal, Canada. Salary is based on experience plus an annual discretionary bonus.
The job responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Responsible for preparing hardware equipment for remote site deployments, maintain documentation for IT assets, and implement methods and procedures of site improvement
- Partake in installation, configuration, and maintenance of servers, network equipment, and operating systems
- Ability to coordinate with technicians in their remote sites to troubleshoot network related issues, resolve hardware, software, and L1/L2/L3 connectivity problems, and manage with service providers for the installation and activation of new services
- Provide technical support to third party contractors various tasks (remotely)
- Ability to work after-hours for emergency remote troubleshooting
- Must be willing to travel 50% of the time in North America, Europe, Asia, etc.
- Strong technical knowledge of network hardware, network management concepts, LAN/WAN, Windows, Linux, and Virtualization
- Working experience of cooling, power, and cabling in addition to installing, configuring, and maintaining hardware and software platforms
- Extensive knowledge in computer networking, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Hands-on programming, scripting and automation experience in Python, SQL, etc.
- FREE catered Breakfast, Lunch & Snacks-everyday!
- They pay for Transportation to work (i.e.: train pass, bus pass, parking, even Bixi!)
- Health & Fitness allowance
- Casual work environment with a zen room (massage chair!) or in the game room (with video games, ping pong, billiards, etc.) and so much more!
- Group RRSP plan, parental leave top-ups, insurance package, etc.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.