- Type Contract
- Location Hertfordshire, England
- Sectors Data and Business Intelligence
Urgently looking for a data Scientists to join for a leading retail company located in Hertfordshire and Farringdon with multiple head counts.
Data Scientist with with strong knowledge of the Data Science Toolkit (Maths & Stats, Programming, Machine Learning, Communication & Visualisation etc) who evangelises Data Science is wanted.
Data scientist will promote data science through out the business as part of several data science initiatives. you will analyse and link complex datasets so that they may be learned from or optimised. help build mathematical models on top of big data architectures to gain deep insights into opportunities to improve the customer experience for business.
- A strong numerical higher degree in a mathematical, scientific, engineering or computer science discipline with application to Data Science
- Experience with different programming languages and a good grasp of at least one language - Python, Scala, Java, R (or similar)
- Understanding of common data structures and algorithms. Understanding of time and space complexity
- Use of version control (Git)
- Experience working with open source Data Science environments
- Knowledge of open source big-data technology such as Apache Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig, MapReduce
- Experience building production systems would be extremely beneficial
This is a 6 months rolling contract opportunity based in Hertfordshire and Farringdon, offering upto £600pd
To find out more about Huxley, please visit www.huxley.com